Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Italia- Sicily

My dream is to go to Italy! These pictures are a teaser of Sicily. Sicily is a poor rural area of Italy. They are known for farming and lack of jobs. But how do you resist the beauty? Even the old buildings that are falling apart scream of history and charm. I'd kill to walk through the pasture and ride on the gondola. I found the pictures via National Geographic here. More to come this week on this beautiful country. Any fun facts or tips that you know about Italy? Please share!




6 Notes to the Queen Bee:

S Semon said...

Hey Rachel,
I was blog surfing through some of my friends blogs and I found yours! Craziness!
How is it going? How is Florida?

Sharon Semon

Criscell said...

Wow--I'd like to go there too, after looking at those pics!

S Semon said...

I found your blog through one of my friends here in Arizona whom I am in YW with--Becky Freestone--then I clicked on the Roberts family (whom I am pretty sure Caleb went to my same high school) and then I saw Rachel Lowe. I was pretty sure it was you--but you don't have a ton of pictures, so I wasn't sure, so I am glad it was you.
Small world....

S Semon said...

I am pretty sure Criscell isn't in our ward--but she is friends with a girl who is in my ward whom I am friends with. But, her husband is going to the same school my husband is going to!

s.s parker said...

if you go, can I tag along??:) all I would do is eat, eat, eat...doesn't it look amazing!

rachel @ blackeiffel said...

I think we should go together!! :) AHHH Italy.