Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Master Bedroom Colors


While choosing out paint, I'd like to find a color for the master bedroom. The logical choice is yellow to accent the bedspread, but I'm not a pastel kind of girl, and Bright yellow would be too much. I'm not a yellow person in general, I don't own a single peice of yellow clothing. But if you all think Yellow would be the logical choice, then I'll look into the yellow department. I threw in the red pillows to pull out color from the painting.

This is my Bedroom, it will be set up similar in the new place.


This is the professional Picture of my bedset (better lighting for sure). Even though I'm not a yellow person, I LOVE this for some reason. Especially the twiggy pattern.


This painting hangs above the bed. the yellows and tans match the bedding perfectly.

One of my all time favorite paintings!
by Jack Vetriano called "The Singing Butler"
(check out "waltzers" and "mad dogs"-my other two favs of his.)


Pale yellow for the Accent wall?

5 Notes to the Queen Bee:

the southern hostess said...

That's one of my favorite paintings too! Great color palette.

Erickson Family said...

I read somewhere a long time ago to never paint your bedroom yellow because it is supposedly an angry color?? HA! I do like that red though, maybe for the wall behind the bed. Then a soft sage for the rest?? I'd love to see it in person!

Erickson Family said...

I have been meaning to ask you...What is your hubby's first name again and what is your new last name?! Duh, you'd think I would know. HA HA HA. You can email me at willandkj @ hotmail . com. =D

jimmy jackson said...

The photos shown are really cute. The colors too have a impact on humans. So its better to choose them correctly. You can get more information about bedding which I browsed from the internet may fetch you help.

Criscell said...

Wow! Hard decision. I remember that cool painting from our good old days of being roommies together! I'm not much of a yellow person either, but whatever you do, it will look great!