Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A New Job!!


I scored the best job. Probably my dream job. I went to JoAnns Fabric (which I have mentioned before I could spend all day every day in there), to visit the Husqvarna Viking Sewing Studio, to help my sister find her "dream machine". I was enquisitive about different models, spouting off as much info as she was, and the store manager was so impressed she offered me a job right on the spot. I kind of laughed and kept looking, and she brought me a clip board with an application and told me She'd like me to start soon. I told her I could only work an afternoon on the weekend and MAYBE one week night, and that I was moving so couldn't start for another month. She said she didn't care, they'd love to have me. If only the times I'm searching for a job on a need basis this happened... I am working full time and working on my masters for another year, and quit my part time job in the curtain department at JC Penney's, to concentrate on school. I have no business getting another job, but how can I pass up getting paid to talk sewing machines, teach classes, and sit around and sew when business is slow. We'll see how it goes!

The Dream Machine! This machine does everything! I wouldn't be surprised if it got up and made you breakfast in bed. $7,000 is a little steep for my pocket book, but one can dream right?
Pics via husqvarnaviking.com

2 Notes to the Queen Bee:

Erickson Family said...

AWESOME!!! That is my dream machine too. Will says "In your dreams honey". By the time we could afford it, I'd be too frail and tired to sew!! LOL WTG! p.s. due Sept 24

Criscell said...

Way to go! That's so cool, Ray! Now can you give me sewing lessons too?