Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

Wicked!



If you don't know what it is about, it is about the life of the "Wicked Witch of the West" from The Wizard of Oz. The story of her life, how she came to be called the wicked witch. Her and Glinda were friends, she was a good person, there are some other great twists, definitely some "Ah hah!" moments, like how the tin man and scarecrow came to be, where she got her cool Witchy hat, etc.

I LOVED this play!! The best I've been to so far. A 2 1/2 hour play has been known to lull me to sleep. Not this one! I loved the story line, the music, the set was outstanding, and the costumes, all of it! The lead singer, Carmen Cusack gave me chills on several of her numbers. I loved the songs "For Good", "I'm not that girl", pretty much anything that "Elphaba" sang.
KC was good enough to invite me to go with (she can do killer impressions of Glinda :)). An experience of a life time for sure, it's sooo hard to get tickets. Thanks for the invite KC! My rating? 5 stars of course, go see it if you can.

2 Notes to the Queen Bee:

the southern hostess said...

I'm a huge fan of Wicked! You're so lucky!

Criscell said...

WOW! I'm SOOOO jealous! I want to see this SO bad!! Luck you!

I don't know how to tell you how to make those beach bags. This amazing lady in my ward made up the pattern we used. They're really easy. I know you could probably make up your own pattern since you're such a good seamstress!