Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Do try LARABAR

I'm always on the lookout for tasty but healthy snacks. I might be the only one still in the dark, but my sister just introduced me to these tasty + healthy bars. Most have less then 6 ingredients. They are made entirely of fruits, nuts and spices. It's unprocessed, no added sugar, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, and lots more. It first glance of these things, I thought how could it really taste like apple pie? Especially with the lack of ingredients. But it does! I've only tasted the apple pie, cherry pie, and lemon bar, (because those are the flavors in the pack available at Costco) and they were all delicious. Some more flavors I've heard of but haven't tried are Pistachio, Key Lime Pie, Ginger Snap, Banana Cookie, Cashew Cookie, Pecan Pie, Cinnamon Roll, Cocoa Mole, Chocolate Mint and Chocolate Coconut. It is high protien + fiber. There is fat and sugar, but is the natural sugars and fats from the nuts and fruits. Healthy eating at it's best.I just snacked on a apple pie bar. The ingredients are Dates, almonds, unsweetened apples, walnuts raisins and cinnamon. That's it! Yum! Do try.

2 Notes to the Queen Bee:

rachel @ blackeiffel said...

These are tasty, my cousin Crystal introduced them too me and I forgot all about them. Glad you found 'em! Way to be healthy.

Criscell said...

Those sound so good! I'll have to try them. Have you ever had "luna" bars or "cliff" bars? They are kind of similar and very healthy as well. They kind of cost a lot though, so I don't buy them often, but I love them!