Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2008

Rice Rice Rice

Rice... There are many different kinds. I have always heard that brown rice is way better for you then white. But why? At Uncle Ben's Website there is an educational area. It breaks down the anatomy of a grain of rice and tells you what nutrients are in the different parts. Brown is better!! Recipes are also available on the website.
Speaking of Uncle Ben, The best invention yet is their 90 second pouches of rice. there are tons of different flavors including wild, brown, pilaf, spanish etc. You stick the pouch in the micro for 90 seconds and whala! Perfectly cooked brown rice! Affordable too. Great for those on the go like myself.

3 Notes to the Queen Bee:

Criscell said...

I LOVE brown rice and I also love that it's healthier! I'll have to try that packet though as it always takes too long to cook! I'll also have to make your chili recipe--it looks great and I am always on the look-out for new things to make!

s.s parker said...

anything with the word "seconds" on a packet works for me!! I love Uncle Ben's Long Grain Rice, I grew up on it as a kid. I have to admit i'm guilty..as I'm reading about brown rice i'm eating ice cream. doh!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.