Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Living Room Colors


pic first seen on nibs
More on the redecor of the "new place". I'm picking out colors of paint for the living room. I need opinions!

The dynamics:
I have a couch and ottomon to match this chair. The throw pillows are the other colors in the room. The curtains are the purple color.


This is a flower arrangement I made to bring together the colors in the living room. I would like to use this piece in the living room as well.


Using Behr.com I put together Paint swatches. (By the way, they have the COOLEST system for putting colors together for a room on their website. You can even download your own pictures of the rooms of your house and try paint colors on the"walls".)

Breaking down the colors:
Sagey Green: Couch Chair and Ottomon (already have)
Deep Purple: Curtains and Throw pillows, Flower arrangement (already have)
Greyish white color: Throw pillows, Flower arrangement (already have)
Greyish Tan: Possible wall color?


Lighter Purple: Possible Wall color?



Any other Color suggestions? Remember. The couch will be right against the color on the wall. The wrong shade of brown blends makes the couch blend into the wall. I Can change the Purple curtain aspect, but am kind of stuck with the Sage couches. I'm trying to use things I already have where possible. I'm finding Purple is a hard palette to work with. What I don't want to do is leave the walls white or cream. I want something different. Ideas are totally welcome!!

3 Notes to the Queen Bee:

Anonymous said...

More on the redactor of the "new place" I'm picking out colors of paint for the living room, in this living room there are so many different types of pillows are there ,this pillows are very nice.

Heather said...

I love the colors you have selected. I know that whatever you do, it will end up absolutely beautiful- just like the floral arrangement you made! my email is rheatherhansen@gmail.com

s.s parker said...

hi! did you get my email I sent this morning about fri? i can go!! yahoo!!.....about the decor..do you have a wall you could paint a darker color as an 'accent' wall? that might be cool. just an idea....