Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Until we meet again...

So I'm a cereal person through and through. I look forward to my cereal/granola in the morning, and occasionally for dinner. Trainer says avoid. "It's ok, but there are better choices"-in his words. He suggested oatmeal. I was thinking it doesn't make much difference because there are carbs and sugar in oatmeal too. Further investigation- the oatmeal (to make it taste good) has sugar and of course carbs, just like the cereal, but the grains are better for you. I looked at skim milk and it has 13 carbs and 12 grams of sugar. you cut out those extra carbs and sugar just by eliminating the milk. "But I don't like oatmeal" you say. I know, me neither, it gets too gummy and slimy for me. I found this tasty blend that I'm very happy with. All the grains give it a good texture.
Flavors:
Apples and cinnamon
Maple Brown sugar with Pecans (my choice for this week, very tasty)
Vanilla Almond and Honey

So Cereal, I'll miss you, but we'll still rendezvous a few times a week :)


4 Notes to the Queen Bee:

rachel @ blackeiffel said...

Oh my, I have been on an oatmeal kick lately. I am loving the Weight Control brown sugar, it tastes pretty good and has lots 'o fiber and a little less sugar and calories, but I love the harvest too. I heard a nutritionist say once.. the longer the oatmeal takes to cook, the better it is for you. :) We've been thinking about getting a tiny crock-pot to cook the original oats in with apple juice as a sweetener.

the southern hostess said...

Yum. I'm a big fan of oatmeal...with brown sugar of course. Now I'm inspired by all these other flavors and cooking methods.

s.s parker said...

I love me some cereal!! It's an emergency essential! Oatmeal is good with some sweetener, but love it with toast or english muffin! Are you still taking Cosmo to the track? that's kind of a drive

orange you lucky! said...

I'm going to have to try this! One of the best things in the morning is oatmeal!
I've been doing the cereal thing for a while now, to save time, but I got to go back to oatmeal:)