Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

Fruit Pizza!

Kev had a Dessert contest at work. We called my dad the master chef and asked for the best of the best. He said, oh I know just the thing...

FRUIT PIZZA

Kev stayed up late making the crust and sauce, and I designed the fruit this morning before work.
The one stipulation to get our hands on this, is that the recipe is Secret, so no sharing it. But...
There is a tastey sweet crust
Cheesecake/cream cheese type layer
and a Tangy glaze
The fruit we used from the outside in was:
Blackberries
Kiwi
Pineapple tidbits
Red Grapes
Blueberries
Mandarin Oranges
Red Raspberries
Green Grapes
blueberries
Raspberry

You can do a different design everytime!

7 Notes to the Queen Bee:

Alissa said...

hope you win!

Handi Andi said...

Man that makes me homesick and hungry all at the same time. He better win. Thats always the biggest moneymaker at the boyscout blue and gold pie auction. Dad actually got three phone calls last time we were there because he skipped it to hang out with us and Hux and Todd and Pres. Gibson were mad because they were all swearing they would win it this year. You go Kev! and Rachel, the fruit is beauitiful. Good work.

Bernie and Doll said...

yummmm...save me a piece!!

Randy and Diann said...

Looks great & very decorative, good job! Mom used to make this all the time, minus the tangy sauce, and they are deliciously awesome and always a great big success at gatherings. I'm sure Kevan will win, do let us know!

Criscell said...

Wow! That is beautiful! I want to eat it right now. Good job you guys.

Ashley Wray said...

Fruit pizza is one of my all time favorites, your's looks almost too good to eat! Good job decorating it!

Renee said...

I used to have a recipe for something that sounds very similar to this. It was an Australian dessert called a kiwi tart that I made in 8th grade Geography to get extra credit (it was a "foods of the world" type thing). It had a cream cheese type filling and an apricot glaze. I wonder if your fruit pizza is the same as my recipe?

Anyway, I see you guys won, so good job!