Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2009

THE BIG SQUEEL

So I went and had my car checked out because it was sounding like a motorcycle- SO LOUD. After the guy checked it out and I had set an appointment to get it fixed, I hopped in and drove away. About a block down the road I heard high pitched squeeling coming from my car, I hadn't heard before. So I turned right back around and went back super annoyed that he hadn't caught something that loud and obvious as well. I got out and said, "Hey, I really need you to take a ride with me. My car is squeeling and I think you need to hear it." Puzzled he said ok and hopped in. I put the car in drive and not kidding the tire must have only rotated twice he heard the squeel and said. Ma'am your emergency brake is on.... DOH! So I put the car in reverse to deliver him back to his doorstep 2 tire rotations back. In my defense, they put it on. Not me. :) The kicker is he says, "It's ok, sometimes it takes awhile to get used to your car and it's sounds." (He said this knowing I've had my car for 2 1/2 years.) OH I felt like a doof. I guess it's a good thing right? It means I don't leave my emergency brake on alot.

3 Notes to the Queen Bee:

Allison said...

haha! That is AWESOME... Gotta love those moments when you already feel dumb and someone makes snide comment that makes you feel even more dumb (and they know it :))

Handi Andi said...

haha...hahahaha...hehehehe. That is awesome.

Matt and Kristine said...

Matt and I had the same thing happen to us after we got work done. Only our mysterious noise was a cd rattling in the glove box. Ha ha.