Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Killer Salad!

Salad. It's what's for dinner.

Southwest Salad



We in the Lowe household were in need of a new salad to get our tastebuds to continue on the treck of eating healthier and lighter. So we have decided to venture into a new arena, experimenting with salad.
This is no easy task. M3 (see sidebar for his mug shot) Hates salad. He likes ONE salad that his grandma makes and I have yet to properly recreate. The above pic is what we had on our plates last night.

Southwest Chicken Salad

washed and chopped romaine lettuce
drained blackbeans
drained sweet corn
diced red pepper
southwest seasoned tortilla strips
diced red onion
southwest dressing
dab of light sour cream
a spoonful of salsa
mexian blend shredded cheese

PS- M3 had Seconds!

3 Notes to the Queen Bee:

Handi Andi said...

That looks De-lish! You should probably come over and make me some. I think that minus the dressing and chips I could even eat that on the good old diet. Go you for being salad creative. I am rarely salad creative. You inspire me to try it out.

Renee said...

Looks good!

P.S. You didn't miss out on the YW activity... I spent an hour and a half wanting to go home. Miss you in YW! I never get to talk to you anymore!

Abigail said...

Mmmmm... I wish that was what we were having for dinner tonight (or any night). We should have dinner together sometime. :) Sigh. I miss you Ray-dawg.