Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

"I Love You Baltimore"

I went to Baltimore mid March to visit my "bestie" Allison. I like to call her Ally Kat. She's at the time was pregnant with her first baby.


pic from here

and here
Us heading out for a day of shopping. Confession: we ended up at Target almost every night I was there :)


I went for many reasons...

I went to support her at her baby shower,


I was the official "Camera Man" and followed her with the video recorder and a camera.



My gifts:

Onesies I made...

I also went to help. We organized her nursery.

And helped her make freezer meals so she wouldn't have to cook for a week after the baby came.

I cooked her and her hubby some Carribean food. I learned the recipe from a Jamaican Client of mine (see I can cook, just don't like taking the time :p )

I enjoyed her cute decor- of course we visited hobby lobby. She is a fellow crafter- see why we're kindred spirits?

And of course I had to have a crab cake for which Baltimore is famous.

Everything on that plate was YUM!

Other things we did...
We played hours of Dr. Mario on the Wii-a past time from when we were roomies in college. Not to toot my own horn, but she is the only person that can beat me- regularly. She's good!

Watched lots of NetFlix
Laughed and Laughed and Laughed until we cried.
Talked for hours.
Relaxed, oh how I needed the relaxation.
I loved Baltimore- I would live there. I thought it was beautiful in the dead of Winter.

In the end, this framed stitching on Allison's wall says it all.

Thanks to her husband for sharing her for almost a week!

1 Notes to the Queen Bee:

Lindsay said...

Looks like you had a great trip! You are a great friend!