Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bed Rest

I'm 34 weeks!
I went and got an ultrasound. Good News is the baby is normal size 5 lbs.- right where he should be. More good news according to the Husband who dreams of having a tall sports playing child- He has long leg bones. They have no idea why I am measuring so big. 
Not so good news- I have Oligohydraminosis- Which means VERY low amniotic fluid. I have been put on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy.   (not my bedroom but wish it was :) )
I am excited to have some down time. I have been working till late hours of the night, climbing to 3rd story apartments, and driving around in my car all day for work.   Interesting note. My Dr. says that you dehydrate twice as fast if you are in a car all day. So when pregnant I should be drinking even more then the typical pregnant lady. PLAN: I was sent home with instructions to stay off of my feet and drink a minimum of a gallon of water a day.  (I feel like a camel, and there is no room with the baby for the water to go, so good thing I'm home with easy access to the comode :)  I have another ultrasound scheduled for Thursday to see if my fluids have gone up and another glucose test -bleh! Pray for good news!

Here's a glimpse of the little guy. He wasn't cooperating for the photo op. Here's a face shot. top of the head is to the right.  See the light blurry fuzzy on the top of the head? The ultrasound tech says that's hair!
 LOVE HIM ALREADY :)




5 Notes to the Queen Bee:

Blogful said...

Hang in there, Rachel! He sure is a cutie already. Sending prayers.

Megan said...

You are so close to the end! Enjoy this time...its like the calm before the storm..haha!

Sara Love said...

Ohhh!! He looks so sweet. We'll keep you in our prayers. You better rest girl! And drink like a camel!

Criscell said...

So sorry about the bed rest. No fun! Hopefully you can get lots of R&R!

Matt and Kristine said...

Oh man! How does that effect work? Are you just off until birth or does this start your maternity leave? I had no idea about the car causing you to loose more water. Doesn't make sense. You're just sitting. That is crazy. I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Watch some good movies!