Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2008

The big Sleepover

Tonight is the night of the big sleepover. My 10 year old neice is coming to spend the night and have a girls night with her coolest Aunt... Me. She is an animal lover. Everytime I go over she has caught tadpoles, set a snare for a rabbit, etc. It'll be fun. We are going to the dog park, giving my doggy a bath, catching bugs for my turtle, baking some goodies, and possibly renting a movie. I know to adults this may sound boring but she is more than excited, I'm the only adult in the family that loves animals almost as much as her. The highlight of the sleepover.... I'm taking her to buy hamsters. Hers died so I cleared it with the parents. I'm fighting for the coolest aunt ever, I had to pull out all stops. jk.





I am trying to talk kev into letting me get a hamster. He's on a strict no more pets policy. I think a fluffy teddybear hamster like the one below would be oh so cute. ahhhh.... He doesn't agree.
Let's just say our kids will know who the pushover is when they are wanting a pet :)

7 Notes to the Queen Bee:

ambyr said...

hey- does your brother have any kidos? I totally remember hanging out at their house a couple times... and way to go on being the best aun ever!! and what's with holly and andi not having a blog yet.....!!

Ashley Wray said...

What a great auntie you are! I'm sure you're number one in your niece's book! I am not a pet lover at all, but I hope you get your hamster! Good luck!

Criscell said...

What a sweet aunt you are! I'm sure she just loves you! I am totally a pet lover too.

s.s parker said...

How much fun are you going to have!! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. btw...i just finished the 1st book twilight and now i started new moon....love 'em!! i've joined the cult!

gillar girl said...

as always thanks for the sweet comments :) hope you had a wonderful sleepover. being an aunt is awesome!

s.s parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
s.s parker said...

didn't hear about the water activity. let's def. try and get together next week and do something. maybe tues?