Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2008

Sweet Justice

Make a 2 inch area of space with your thumb and pointer finger. Yeah now picture a cockroach in that space. Now add on another 3 inches to account for the antanaes. Just looking at the pic in this post brings back the heebeegeebees (I'm trying to post quick so my skin will quit crawling!) I can do rats, snakes, and most other bugs, but the roach is too much. I know this is weird, but Husband thinks I exaggerate the size of the roaches here, so I left this one floating till he got home as proof. The crappy thing, is no matter how much you spray, lay traps, and keep your house clean, they are still in your house. It's just one of the Florida "thrills" , you know, go see mickey at Disney and see cat size roaches :)

When I gloat about the fabulous weather and gorgeous green view out my window from October to May, just remember this picture. Nice weather brings nasty bugs. As it gets colder (60s :)) We see more and more in the house, they come in to warm themselves by the fire. Kev asks me often if I'm liking Florida. I always say, "I love it, I can stay here for years!" After finding this guy, I told him I'd like to restate my commitment to Florida and the warmth.

5 Notes to the Queen Bee:

Blogful said...

GROSS! I feel the same way. One thing that I have found that works: It's called Demon and you get it from Do It Yourself Pest Control, which is just down the street. I spray it all around the base boards and garage and outdoors. Carcass city.

Criscell said...

Ugh!! We get them too and I HATE them! But that is an especially big one for sure.

Matt and Kristine said...

Sick! I am glad to waited for Kevan to see. My mom tells me when I was a toddler, I tried to eat a black CA cockroach once, she hit it out of my hand just inches from my mouth. So, add that to your roach fears! Love you!

Handi Andi said...

Just imagine going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and crunching one of those with bare feet, or laying in bed and feeling something moving in your hair or something. Gross. I would have stomped it for you! Poor girl that lives in the sunshine state. Minutes from the beach and Disney World. There have to be some downsides or the whole world would live there.

Erickson Family said...

Looks just like the ones that would frequent our pad in HI!! eeeeeEEEEwwWWWW